Visitor visa

Visiting friends and family in the US? Looking to travel for tourism or medical purposes? The US B2 visa is ideal for short term travellers visiting the US for non-business purposes.

Business or Tourism Visitor Visa to the US The US offers different types of short visit visas for – business travelers, tourists, and future spouses. Those planning a short visit to the US – for business or tourism – might be required to get a US visitor or transit visa. The US visa to be applied for will be as per the purpose of visiting the US.
B-1 For business travelers, to – ·       Attend a conference, ·       Consult with business associates, ·       Negotiate a contract, or ·       Settle an estate.
B-2 For tourists on vacation and people coming to the US for participating in amateur contests or social events, or for taking medical treatment.
Transit C For foreign nationals travelling through the US to another destination, stopping for a short time in the US while on their onward journey.
Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D For crewmembers of international airlines or crewmembers of sea vessels traveling to the US.

If an individual is engaged to a US citizen and planning to marry and live in the US, their fiancé(e) might be able to petition for a US K-1 visa on their behalf. The K-1 visa allows the visa holder to travel to the US to marry their fiancé(e) within 90 days of arriving. After marriage, they might apply for an adjustment of status to get US Green Card.

We helped thousands of people successfully apply for visas across the World. Our in-depth knowledge of the US visa process makes us the best option for you to file your US B2 visa application.

The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant US visa. The visa gives permission to individuals to enter the US for a short period either for tourism, recreation or for family visits.

B-visa holders can engage in the following activities when they are in the US:

Us B2 Visa Details

The US B2 visa is the best way for short-term visitors to visit the US. It is typically issued for a period of 6 months. In some cases, it is issued as a multiple entry visa for a period of up to 10 years.

Key details of the B2 visa are:

Documents Required For Usa B2 Visitor Visa

Details of who you are staying with and where


You might be traveling to a destination but have to necessarily stop for a layover within the United States. This means that you will have to transit through the US. For this you will need the C1 visa or the Transit Visa for USA.

A US Transit Visa gives you permission to enter the US and stay for a layover. When your planned flight or ship leaves for your next destination, you will have to leave the US.

The US government issues C1 visas for immediate and continuous transit through the country. This means that if travel to your final destination requires a layover in the US and you will be allowed to stop in the US but will have no other privileges.

The Transit visa allows you to stay in the US only for the approved time because this is not a visa for tourism or business.

Typically, the visa is processed within 5 days. Processing times for any US visa depends on the workload of the US Embassy from where you are applying. If there are more applications, it will take a longer time. Since the C1 visa has a shorter duration, its processing time will be faster compared to other visas.

Documents Required For US C1 Transit Visa


D visa or Crewmember visa is one of the non-immigrant visas issued by the U.S government. This visa is specifically for those people who work on commercial sea vessels or international airlines that go through the U.S. For these sea vessels and airlines to run normal operations, their crew must be allowed to pass through the U.S and make short stops.

With the D visa, the crew members can go through to the U.S and stay in the country for a maximum of 29 days.

The D visa allows the crews to go through the U.S and stay for a maximum of 29 days. Holders of the D visa can leave the dock or airport for this duration but must also leave the country within 29 days. The D visa can only be used for the purpose of passing through the U.S.

The visa processing time can vary between 3 to 5 days or even up to 2 weeks. Processing times for any U.S visa depends on the workload of the U.S Embassy from where you are applying. If there are more applications, it will take a longer time.

Requirements to get the D visa

To get the D visa, the person must be working on a vessel or airline travelling to the U.S and only passing through. The following job positions qualify for a D visa:

Individuals who perform the following duties cannot apply for a D visa:

Documents required for U.S D visa

  • Completed DS-160 application form.
  • Your passport with at least one blank page to be able to affix visa.
  • One photograph fulfilling the requirements set by the U.S authorities.
  • Proof of having paid transit visa fees.
  • Interview confirmation page and its copy
  • Letter describing the purpose of your trip from your company or employer
  • Proof of ties to your home country such as family documents, job contract, lease, or property deed, which prove you do not intend to stay in the U.S for more than 29 days
  • Letter from your employer with these details:
  • Name of the vessel
  • Period of time you will be in the U.S.
  • Date and port of entry
  • Date and port of exit
  • Your job position with description of duties
  • Your salary while in the U.S.
  • Copies of employer work records from your employer
  • The Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC)
  • Travel authorization from your company
  • Certificates and diplomas verifying your qualifications;
  • Criminal records or letter from authorities stating that you do not have prior convictions